- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Shoulder Pain FAQs With Sunnyside Wellness & Chiropractic Center In Fresno, CA
At the Sunnyside Wellness & Chiropractic Center, our Fresno chiropractor team meets men, women, and children, struggling with acute and chronic cases of shoulder pain. We're happy to provide quality treatment that will get you feeling better than ever!
What Kind of Joint is the Shoulder?
The main part of your joint is called a ball and socket joint, making it one of the most mobile joints in your body. Dozens of ligaments, tendons, bones, muscles, and other connective tissues work together in order to provide adequate mobility and stability.
What Are Common Types of Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain diagnoses often include:
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis): this is a progressive range of motion loss, usually following an injury, illness, or infection in the shoulder
- Soft tissue injury: this includes tears and inflammation in rotator cuff muscles, ligaments, labrum, tendons, and bursae within and around the shoulder
- Shoulder dislocation: the humeral head ("ball" part of the joint) can become partially or fully dislodged out of the joint as a result of traumatic injury (auto accident, slip, and fall, sports injury, etc.); this can result in latent instability and weakness
Conditions affecting the neck (like whiplash, cervical radiculopathy, and tech neck) can also refer pain to the shoulder.
What Symptoms Are Associated With Shoulder Pain?
A painful shoulder often hurts to touch or lie on. It may be sharp and painful in one spot or achy all over. Additional symptoms may include weakness, instability (the shoulder may "feel" or "sound" like it's popping or clunking), pain in only certain ranges of motion (the so-called "painful arc"), an inability to lift or use the arm, and numbness, weakness, and tingling in the arm or hand.
What Are The Risk Factors For Shoulder Pain?
Common causes and risk factors for shoulder pain include repetitive overhead movement, heavy lifting, jarring movements (e.g., using a jackhammer), personal injuries such as a fall, sports injury, work injury, or auto accident injury.
How Can a Fresno Chiropractor Relieve My Shoulder Pain?
Our Fresno chiropractor has several techniques that can alleviate shoulder pain:
- X-rays and other examination techniques to improve the accuracy of shoulder pain diagnosis
- Corrective exercises to improve strength, stability, and range of motion
- Trigger point, massage, and muscle release techniques to accelerate healing, relieve tension and improve blood flow
- Chiropractic adjustments to trigger whole body pain relief